Photography is great. There are a lot of different styles, and so many different sites to draw inspiration from. I only wish I was better. But, I am trying…
This page also serves as sort of the main ‘sticky page’ for photography, where I may post about what I’m currently following online, or provide links to sites of interest, or maybe some thoughts about what I need to try shooting. It can also refer to some Art, as well as Lightroom/Photoshop type tools that is centralized in the Photography area.
There are so many great things to watch on youtube. Try finding what you like and subscribe so you don’t miss any videos. Here are some of the ones I follow:
- Adorama TV: http://www.youtube.com/user/adoramaTV/videos
- There are so many great videos here, of all skill levels. Some of my favourite contributors include: Gavin Hoey, Mark Wallace, and Bryan Peterson.
- B&H Photo Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/BHPhotoVideoProAudio/videos
- There are a lot of great videos on here, and recordings of older classes.
- Forrest Tanaka: http://www.youtube.com/user/ForrestTanaka/videos
- He doesn’t post many new videos too often, but has some nice older videos that are worth watching. I wish he posted more, because I really like the videos he’s created.
- Gavin Hoey: http://www.youtube.com/user/PhotoGavin/videos
- In addition to the Adorama TV channel, he has his own as well.
- John E. Marriott: http://www.youtube.com/user/john660/videos
- Truthfully, not a lot of videos, but his photography is great to follow.
- Kelby One: http://www.youtube.com/user/kelbymediagroup/videos
- A lot of great training videos here.
- SLR Lounge: http://www.youtube.com/user/SLRlounge/videos
- Some great training videos here.
- … I do follow more as well, but some of these above are my most favourite.
Some other things I follow:
- John E. Marriott – I mentioned above, check out his work online and in books. http://www.wildernessprints.com | Twitter